The New ultrafleXtreme™
Meet the world's most advanced MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer with true 2 kHz speed in TOF mode and 1 kHz in TOF/TOF mode
Redefine MALDI TOF/TOF Performance
Meet the world’s most advanced MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer!
Attain the highest level of mass spectrometry performance with the new ultrafleXtreme, an instrument exceeding all your expectations. Combining true 2 kHz speed in TOF mode and 1 kHz in TOF/TOF mode with ultrahigh performance and extreme flexibility for a broad variety of complementary research, clinical and applied proteomics applications.
The new ultrafleXtreme incorporates next-generation MALDI-TOF and TOF/TOF technology
- The innovative smartbeam-II™ laser enables ultra-high data acquisition speed in both MS and MS/MS at full systems performance. The well-established proprietary smartbeam laser provides unprecedented analytical and matrix flexibility in workflows from protein tissue imaging, intact proteins analysis, Glycoproteomics, biologics or oligo QC, to LC-MALDI proteomics - all fully enabled at 1-2000 Hz repetition rates.
- Bruker's patented smartbeam technology is already widely accepted as the most viable MALDI imaging laser technology. The new ultrafleXtreme now enables laser focus diameters down to 10 µm for high spatial resolution imaging without pixel overlap. Importantly, outstanding spectral quality and signal intensity are maintained at even the smallest laser beam diameters.
- Broadband mass resolving power up to 40,000 enables precision proteomics via Bruker’s unique PAN™ technology for highest mass resolution across a very broad mass range, not just at a selected optimum.
- The novel FlashDetector™ combined with a minimum of 4 GHz digitizer and latest advances in electronics provide unmatched mass resolving power up to 40,000 and 1 ppm mass accuracy for highest confidence.
- The novel and unique laser-irradiation self-cleaning Ion Source ensures robust, long-term highest-performance operation. Very long MALDI laser lifetime in combination with automated source cleaning in just minutes leads to high uptime and low maintenance costs.
- Latest TOF/TOF technology: The high efficiency and sensitivity of the LID-LIFT process delivers MS/MS spectra with nominal mass resolution for peptides. Typically, full MS/MS data sets can be acquired with up to 1000 Hz laser repetition rate from low fmol levels within seconds. The Bruker bioinformatics software is perfectly adapted to analyze and visualize the match between the raw spectra and annotated peptide and protein structures.
- As a result, proteins can be identified with high confidence with unmatched ease.
- Smart combination of technological features is key for ultrafleXtreme top-performance.